Sunday, November 27, 2011

ITAP...of a heart shaped tree...



I Took A Picture of a heart shaped tree.  This tree sits on a small hill just off from the road in my community.  It is a road I travel on every day, multiple times.  There is a trick to seeing this tree, however. Most people do not even know that it can be such a beautiful image.  You have to be at just the right angle to see the shape of the heart.  I probably drove past it a couple million times before noticing, and when I show people who live around here they are very surprised and wonder why they themselves haven't seen it.

You've probably heard it a thousand times; digital cameras do all the work.  You push a button and the camera takes a beautiful picture.  If you have a good camera, you get good photos.  The truth is that you can take a beautiful picture with a simple point-and-shoot type camera, as well as lousy pictures with the most expensive Nikon.

A photographer holds the power to great photos.  It’s up to them to capture and frame the elements into a pleasing pieces of art.

A couple important things to remember: 

1. Be patient.  You cannot go out to take photos and be on a schedule.  Look around and wait for inspiration.  Many great shots come from observing a subject and returning to it when it looks best.

2. Keep your eyes open. You should always be looking. The more you look, the more you see worth photographing. Better yet, SEE. Don't just LOOK.

3.  Passion. Shoot what you like. If you don't care about the subject, the results won't be good.

Those are just a few things I like to remember while taking photos. Believe me, I am no expert.  I have a lot to learn about photography.  These tips are just things I find myself thinking about while looking for good shots.  I'm patient, I look at things from different  angles (where this post's picture came from) and I shoot nature and the earth which are things I am passionate about. 

So, what you think is just another tree on the side of the road, could be a completely different subject from a step to the left.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment